Friday, February 26, 2010

Can I walk or take a subway from 7th Ave & 28th St where my bus leaves me off to hotel at 119 West 56th St?

Well, it's around a mile and a half, which is walk-able, but not if you have suitcases.





Frankly, considering that suitcases are also a huge pain on the subway, what with all the stairs and the crowds, I suggest you grab a cab. It won't cost much at all for a short trip like that and it will be MUCH preferable to either walking OR the subway.





Just step off the curb, stick your hand up and wave at a yellow cab, get in, tell him the address you're going to, and sit back and enjoy the ride.Can I walk or take a subway from 7th Ave %26amp; 28th St where my bus leaves me off to hotel at 119 West 56th St?
Barbara, that's almost a mile and a half walk. Its best you take the subway, which will get you there in about 10 minutes. Here's how to get from 28th Street and 7th Avenue to Le Parker Maridien Hotel.





Step 1: at 7th Avenue and 28th Street, enter the 28th Street subway station and take the uptown (northbound) #1 local train (Red Line on the subway map) from 28th Street to Time Square-42nd Street.





Step 2: at Times Square, transfer upstairs to the ';N';, ';R';, ';Q'; or ';W'; trains (Yellow Line). Take the either uptown (northbound) train from Times Square to 57th Street.





Step 3: at 57th Street, exit the subway and walk a block south along 7th Avenue, from 57th to 56th Streets. Turn left on 56th Street and walks a half block west on 56th Street from 7th Avenue to the hotel.





The fare on the subway is $2.25 one way, regardless of distance. However, if you really want to save some money, an unlimited ride MetroCard will be very helpful. It will give you unlimited ride on the subway and bus system in the City. The card ranges in price from $8.25 for a 1-day Fun Pass to $51.50 for a 14-day unlimited ride pass.





I hope this information is very helpful. If you have any questions or need travel directions while in town, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I'll be glad to help.





Good luck


Native New YorkerCan I walk or take a subway from 7th Ave %26amp; 28th St where my bus leaves me off to hotel at 119 West 56th St?
This link can help u. Good luck!





note: to change the time and date go to ';show options';

No comments:

Post a Comment